Did you know 97% of U.S. Companies feel driven to turn data into insight? That means most of those companies look to data to understand their customer needs, find new clients, and increase value. However, 92% of companies think they have a data quality issue. Knowing that you have a (data) problem is the first step to finding a solution.
- Reduce human error. Identify where information is exposed to this error and find technology that is lowers this risk.
- Appoint a central data owner and invest in staff. Someone to handle all aspects of data and is an expert.
- Conduct audits. Be proactive and look for common errors, maybe even invest in detection software.
- Make it an organizational concern. Use tools consistently across departments and ensure data is complete as collected.
- Track metrics that are beneficial. Make a case for data quality by tracking key metrics impacted by data and how those affect business outcomes.